Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ava's 3rd Birthday




Well I can't believe it but my little Ava Jo Jo is 3 years old.   She had so much fun at her birthday party and still is talking about it a week later.  Thank you for everyone that made the trip to celebrate with us.  We really appreciate it and always enjoy spending time with family.  

For her birthday we met at the park and had pizza and then went to Jumping Jacks.  I was surprised at how much fun it was there.  I even enjoyed the slides a little.
  
On Sunday we had cake and ice cream with just our little family.  I made a barbie cake for her and it was too unsteady to make the trip to her birthday party with the whole family so we ate it on Sunday.  I am going to post a picture of the dang cake to remind me next time how frustrated I get when I try to make homemade birthday cakes because it never turns out the way you want it to be.  But after about two cans of frosting, some sprinkles and meltdown from me it turned out pretty cute.  

Other than that our family has just been busy with day to day things.  I tried to take a picture of Sophie but none turned out that well except one.  She was moving so much they all turned out blurry.  She is now 5 months old.  She is rolling over and scooting herself on her back.  She is such a good baby and just smiles and talks at everyone especially Ava even though Ava is constantly picking on her and stealing her toys.  

So that is pretty much all our going on these days.  Now it is time to get excited for Spring and Summer.  Oh I can't wait to be able to play outside and go on walks with the kids.  Although it did snow today and I enjoyed seeing a blanket of white.  It sure makes everything so peaceful looking for a little bit.  

4 comments:

Connie and Brandon said...

Happy Birthday Ava!!! The barbie cake turned out great- I love the picture of it...how Ava's eyes are just peaking over barb's head. So cute:) I can't believe Sophie is so big. Your family is adorable!

Greg and Jana said...

Mart,
I can't believe Ava is three. Tell her happy birthday from her southern cousins.

Are you going to be around on Memorial day? There is a chance that Jackson will be playing in baseball tournament that weekend in Provo. Might need a place to stay. Is the Thompson hotel available? I'll call you with details as I know more.

Sophie is so cute!

The Rowes said...

Fun birthday party! The best party my kids have ever had was at the park. Good job on the cake too. You're such a great mom, Marti Jo!

Chamberlains said...

The things we won't do for our kids. I think the cake looks awesome. I try to do Eden's too and spend hours making a "decent" looking cake. It's rough. Love the posts!