Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July Fun

July has been so busy with so many different things. I guess that is the joy of being a school teacher you can take off whenever you want.

We went camping in the Uintah's for the night and Ava loved to sleep in the tent just like Caillou (she has a book where Caillou goes camping from her grandma) and fishing with Daddy except when he actually caught a fish and she wimped out and wouldn't touch the fish. I guess she is more like her mom than we knew because I still won't touch the fish. She a had a good time anyway.
I'm not sure if her mom had such a great time. Every year I say I am done camping but somehow Bart talks me into it. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the dang air mattress you think is going to be so comfortable and loses all its air in 2 hours and for all the creatures roaming around outside the tent all night long. Oh yea and having to make 20 trips to the outhouse and peeing outside the tent at 2 am because you are too tired to make it to the outhouse. Good thing I am such a good squatter from all those years of practice.

I guess we do it for the kids though right?

We look kind of silly in this picture because it doesn't look like it is raining but it really is I swear.

Ava played in the water for a couple of hours while Bart fished.

I love this picture of Ava because it just shows how cramped she is in the back of the truck. We took it because her face was such a mess from camping but you can't see it.


Well I guess that is enough complaining about camping for one post. I did have a good time despite all that. We ate good food and just enjoyed being in the mountains and out of the heat. It was very pretty and a lot of fun to let Ava play around the campsite


This is a funny story. Bart took Ava to the Spanish Fork Fish pond where they catch fish in a big pond. Of course she wouldn't touch the fish so the girls had to help her. When I got home from work she kept saying the fish in the fridge needed more water and she was all worried about it but Bart had chopped its head off and gutted it. Then she wouldn't let me shut the fridge because she wanted to see it. So sad she didn't get that the fish was dead. Luckily she forgot about it and we threw it away later.

She is going to be so sad when Bart goes back to school because she has had so much fun with him this summer and wants daddy to do everything for her She is really going to miss him and I will too because he helps me out so much! He is such a good dad and husband I don't tell him enough. So why not now... Thanks Bart for everything.


Daddy's little girl. She doesn't leave him alone even when he trying to ignore her!!!

4 comments:

Connie and Brandon said...

Great post. Ava is so cute, such a daddy's little girl!

Ali said...

Marti, I'm not sure I ever got your email so I could invite you to see my blog...I love when you update yours- this is a really cute post. It sounds like Ava will always LOVE summertime more than any other child cause she gets more Daddy time. I hope that never changes for you guys! Send me your email so I can send you an invite- gracie_333@yahoo.com

Jamie said...

How fun! Are you guys coming camping in a few weeks with all of us? I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it because we haven't been camping since before Jaydin was born. But my sister's letting us borrow her trailer so it won't be so bad hopefully! Well, I hope you guys are coming it would be fun for the girls to play together!

Greg and Jana said...

marti,
You need to put this baby countdown on your blog...
here's the link...http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/

It will show you what your baby looks like and more....