Monday, August 10, 2009

Camping July 30-31 2009


Our summer is winding down and almost over but we were able to squeeze in one more mini trip camping.  We went camping at Lost Creek Reservoir in the Uintah's with Bart's family.  We had a great time during the day.  The one night we stayed was a nightmare with Sophie which I expected.  She was up most of the night because it was freezing and when she was asleep I was crazily awake listening for bears.  Needless to say I slept maybe 2 hours!  I'm not a good tent camper in my old age but Bart really wanted to go so we agreed to go for one night.  I decided I really do like to camp especially with Bart's family because they spoil us and cook great food  but I would  enjoy it a lot more if I could just figure out how to handle the nights better.

These moose came grazing through the campground both nights.  They were probably 30 feet from the road. 

Ava playing in Bart's Pontoon boat singing "Row your boat"

Ava fishing at Lost Creek Reservoir


Bart and Ava with her first fish ever.  She reeled it in by herself.  

1 comments:

The Rowes said...

I hear ya on sleeping outside in a tent. It is so much work to go camping with kids... it's unreal. Since Derek and I have been married (6 years) we've been twice. I can't stand it! He gets to go with scouts at least once a month so I don't feel too guilty. The only time we've been camping with Dallin it was freezing cold at night and I spent half the night up with him and the other half praying he wouldn't freeze to death. You are so nice to go with Bart. I hope he repayed you some how. :) Miss you!